There are probably tons of legal questions that are running through your head before you consider getting an uncontested divorce in Pennsylvania. To help guide you in the right direction, I've put together some of the more common questions that you should ask before hiring an lawyer to represent you in your simple, no-fault Pennsylvania divorce.
1. Do I have an attorney I can trust? You are already dealing with a lot of unknowns, why hire a lawyer you don't feel comfortable with. Ask your prospective lawyer for a free initial consultation and ask those questions which are important to you. Also, find out if your lawyer accredited with the Better Business Bureau and if he/she has and A+ rating, which is the top rating the BBB awards.
2. Does my prospective lawyer concentrate only on divorce? Look for a Pennsylvania lawyer who is an uncontested divorce attorney. You don't want a tax attorney trying to prepare your marital settlement agreement. Find someone who knows how to help you put a solid agreement together to ensure a stable and safe future for you and your children after the divorce is final.
3. How much experience does my lawyer have? Did your lawyer just get out of law school? How many years of experience does your lawyer have? Does you lawyer have unbiased third-party reviews available for you to read, such as on Avvo?
4. How much is this going to cost me and are there hidden costs? Ask your divorce attorney how you are going to be billed. Is there a flat rate "all in one" price, or are you going to be charged for every question that you might come up with? Are there any additional fees outside the stated price? Is the fee for filing your divorce in court included in the fee that you pay your uncontested divorce lawyer?
5. Who works on my case- an attorney or a paralegal or secretary? Are you going to have a paralegal or secretary who is going to answer your questions and work on your case or do you get an actual Pennsylvania uncontested divorce attorney? Will a lawyer answer the phone when you call? Can you contact your attorney by email, at a time and from a place that is convenient for you?
You are going through a difficult and challenging time at this point in your life. You owe it to yourself to hire a lawyer you can feel confident with and who has the experience and client reviews that provide you with confidence in your divorce attorney. Don't hesitate to take advantage of free consultations; it's a great chance to get to know who is going to help you make a new start in life after your divorce, and to get your important questions answered.
For a free initial consultation with Attorney Jim Cairns call 888.8636.9115.
For an immediate free virtual consultation click on the DIVORCE WIZARD.
The Divorce Wizard analyzed and qualifies your case for an online Pennsylvania divorce, calculates your legal fees, and files your case immediately. It's just like sitting in our office for a free consultation.