Skip to Content

Pennsylvannia's Original eDivorce℠ Lawyer


If you're a parent who relies on child support payments from your ex-spouse, it can be devastating when those payments suddenly stop. Not only can it put a strain on your finances, but it can also impact your child's well-being. Here are some steps you can take if your ex stops paying child support in Pennsylvania:

1. Contact the Domestic Relations Office

The first step is to contact the Domestic Relations Office in your county. They can help you enforce the child support order and may be able to garnish your ex's wages or take other legal action.

2. Keep Records

Keep detailed records of all child support payments you've received and any missed payments. This can include bank statements, receipts, emails, or text messages from your ex regarding payments.

3. Seek Legal Help

If your ex continues to refuse to pay child support, it may be time to seek legal help. A family law attorney can help you navigate the legal system and ensure your rights are protected.

4. Consider Mediation

If you and your ex are willing to work together, mediation can be a helpful way to resolve issues related to child support. A mediator can help you come to an agreement that works for both parties.

5. Stay Calm

While it can be frustrating and stressful when your ex stops paying child support, it's important to stay calm and focus on finding a solution. Remember that your child's well-being is the most important thing.

If you're struggling with a situation where your ex has stopped paying child support, Cairns Law Offices can help. Our experienced family law attorneys can guide you through the legal process and ensure your rights are protected. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.

Share To:
  • Divorce Wizard Our streamlined Divorce Wizard to get the process started.
  • Ask Questions - Free! We look forward to being of service.
  • Video Vault Visit our video vault to learn more helpful information.